WhatsApp update: Status reaction, login approval, and more
Published on Aug 09, 2022
WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop has recently been updated with several new features. Check out the list here for reaction to statuses, login approvals, and more.
WhatsApp update: Android and iPhone users have probably noticed notifications about app updates. It is normal for WhatsApp to roll out updates in order to add new features or fix bugs. According to WABetaInfo, 7 new features were announced last week on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and desktop. A reaction to the status, login approval, and more. “WhatsApp news of the week: status reactions! WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop has been updated with 7 new features!” WABetaInfo tweeted.
The latest WhatsApp updates are as follows:
1. A concept has been presented by WABetaInfo about a new way to manage WhatsApp storage by bringing the old storage usage section from a different perspective.
2. Users who install WhatsApp beta for iOS now have access to a section that allows them to view past group participants. Users can now discover people who left or were removed from a group within the last 60 days by clicking the new option at the end of the list of group participants. Those who have enabled this feature for their accounts will be able to see this section, so this is not just accessible to group admins.
3. Several Android beta testers are also getting access to past group participants through the online messaging platform. According to WABetaInfo, the in-chat event that shows up when someone leaves a group is only visible to group admins on WhatsApp beta for Android.
4. It is now possible to respond to others’ status updates by choosing one of eight available emojis using WhatsApp beta for Android: Smiling Face with Heart-Eyes, Face with Tears of Joy, Face with Open Mouth, Crying Face, Folded Hands, Clapping Hands, Party Popper, and Hundred Points.
5. WhatsApp is also releasing a tweaked version of the context menu on WhatsApp beta for Windows that includes the spelling action.
6. According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp is working on a new security feature called login approval that will add an extra layer of security to your account. The feature is currently being developed and will be available in the future.
7. In the near future, WhatsApp will add a feature that lets community members toggle sharing of phone numbers so users can choose in which subgroups their numbers can be viewed.
Developers get more memory with Xbox Dev Tools update
‘Xbox dev tools update gives developers more memory for Series S,’ according to the latest Tweet from Destructoid…